Saturday, January 07, 2006

New Creation

Broken vessels all are we

Wounded Warriors

Pottery

My wasted heart

These dry tear evenings

Need some God-healing

Epoxy for my soul


I'm learning a lot about God's role in my life. There are places and ways that Jesus fits into the mix where no one else possibly can in my life. It's a hard lesson to learn, but it is also to His glory that only HE can fully satisfy.

The poem above isn't necessarily written out of this vain of thought. I wrote a couple of days ago and just wanted to be sure it got posted. If you see the correlation or not it wasn't intentional.

I heard a powerful sermon a while back about how God makes us a NEW creation. The concept goes like this: I think when we think about about that we think about "newness" in terms of a new timeline, a fresh start, beginning again; However, God's making of us as a "new creation" is more radical than that. Going with the poem illustration...

if we are broken vessels, it's not like the cracks and fissures just went away and we are another new pot/vessel. It's like going from being a broken vessel, to being a bannana, or a parachute, or something else... it's not a fixing of the old thing just to get a fresh beginning at being that old thing again. No. It is a complete and utter transformation into something COMPLETELY...

New.

I'll forever be a student of two things: What it truly means to be a follower of Jesus...

and women.



1 comment:

Tmproff said...

Amen brother....

Chicks Man......